Acute Myocardial Infarction associated with Lipid Profile among Patients at Nasiriyah Heart Center
AbstractThe present study is aimed to investigate the relationship between lipids profile and myocardial infarction. Blood samples (130) were obtained from adult human and divided into three groups. The first group (N:44) divided into male (22) and females (22) as a control group. The second group was male patients (N:46), and the third group was female patients (N: 40) as a reviewer of the Nasiriyah Heart Center.
The current results showed a significant increase (P≤0.05) in the concentrations of troponin (Tn) and creatine kinase (CK) in the second group (patients) compared to the control while, the current results showed a significant increase in Creatine Kinase Myocardial Band (CK-MB) in (male patients) compared with (female patients).
The results showed a significant increase in level of Triglyceride (T.G), Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL) and Very Low Density Lipoproteins (VLDL) (P≤0.05) in (male) compared with the control group, while the results showed a non-significant of Total Cholesterol (TC) concentration in (control) and (male patients). Also, there was a significant decrease of High Density Lipoproteins (HDL) level (P≤0.05) in the males compared with the control group. The results showed a significant decrease in TC and LDL level (P≤0.05) in (male patients) compared with the second group (female patients). Also, the results showed that there was non-significant in T.G, HDL and VLDL in males and females patients.
- Kulsoom, B and Nazrul, S.H. (2006). Association of serum C-reactive protein and LDL: HDL with myocardial infarction. J Pak Med Assoc. 56:318–22.
- Karthikeyan, G. Teo, KK. Islam, S. et al. (2009). Lipid profile, plasma apolipoproteins, and risk of a first myocardial infarction among Asians: an analysis from the INTERHEART Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53:244–53.
- Bęćkowski, M. (2015). Acute coronary syndromes in young women – the scale of the problem and the associated risks, Cardiology. 12 (2): 134-138.
-Ugwu, C.E.; Nwankwo, S.E.; Meludu, S.C. and Nnodim, J.K. (2016). Assessment of the Risk of Myocardial Infarction among Undergraduate Students in a Nigerian Tertiary Institution, International Journal of Healthcare and Medical Sciences. 2(11): 60-65.
-Domma, A.M. and Gamal, A.M.B. (2015). Association between Acute Myocardial Infarction, Lipid Profile and Smoking Habit, Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences. 14(6):47-51.
-Smith Sidney, C.; Allen Jerilyn; Blair Steven, N.; Bonow Robert, O.; Brass Lawrence, M. and Fonarow Gregg, C. et al. (2006). AHA/ACC Guidelines for Secondary Prevention for Patients With Coronary and Other Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease: 2006 Update, the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 47:2130 –2139.
- Bodor Geza, S. (2016). Biochemical markers of myocardial damage, The Journal of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 27(2):095-111.
- Baena-Dı´ez Jose´ Miguel; Fe´ lix Francisco Javier; Grau Marı´a; de Leo´ n Antonio Cabrera; Sanz Hector; Leal Manuel, et al. (2011). Risk Factor Treatment and Control in Relation to Coronary Disease Risk in the Spanish Population of the DARIOS Study, Rev Esp Cardiol. 64(9):766–773.
- Reiner Zˇ eljko; Catapano Alberico, L.; De Backer Guy; Graham Ian; Taskinen Marja-Riitta and Wiklund Olov, et al. (2011). ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias The Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS), European Heart Journal. 32, 1769–1818.
- Bartlett Jacquelaine; Predazzi, M Irene; Williams, M Scott; Bush. S William; Kim Yeunjung and Havas Stephen, et al. (2016). Is Isolated Low High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol a Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factor? New Insights from the Framingham Offspring Study, Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 9:206-212.
- Bodor, G.S; Porter, S; Landt, Y; Landenson, J.H. (1992). Development of Monoclonal Antibodies for an Assay of Cardiac Troponin- I and Preliminary Results in Suspected Cases of Myocardial Infarction, Clin. Chem. 38(11):2203-2214.
- Würzburg, U; Hennrich, N; Lang, H; Prellwitz, W; Neumeier, D; Knedel, M. (1976). Determination of creatine kinase-MB in serum using inhibiting antibodies, Klin Wochenschr. 54(8):357-60.
- Würzburg, U.; Hennrich, N.; Orth, H.-D.; Lang, H. (1977) Quantitative Determination of Creatine Kinase Isoenzyme Catalytic Concentrations in Serum Using Immunological Methods, J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 15 (3):131-137.
- TRINDER, P. (1969). Determination of Glucose in Blood using Glucose Oxidase with an alternative oxygen acceptor, Ann. din. Biochem. 6 :24-27.
- Gordon, T.; Castelli, W.P.; Hjortland, M.C.; Kannel, W.B.; Dawber, T.R. (1977). High density lipoprotein as a protective factor against coronary heart disease. The Framingham Study, Am J Med. 62(5):707-14.
- Friedewald, W.T.; Levy, R.I.; Fredrickson, D.S. (1972). Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge, Clin Chem. 18(6):499-502.
- Fodor, J.G. Frohlich, J.J. Genest, J.J.G and McPherson, R.P. (2000). Recommendations for the management and treatment of dyslipidemia: report of the Working Group on Hypercholesterolemia and other Dyslipidemias. CMAJ; 162:1441–7.
- Salih Awla Hamzah. (2018). ASSOCIATION OF BIOCHEMICAL TESTS CARDIAC ENZYME WITH MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION IN EMERGENCY HOSPITAL ERBIL- IRAQ, Asian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 09, Issue, 08, pp.8488-8491.
- Zrari, S. A. and Mohammed S. K. (2016). DIAGNOSTIC EFFICIENCY OF SERUM CREATINE KINASE AND TROPONIN I IN PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION, Trakia Journal of Sciences, 14(4): 314-319.
-Fatima Ali; Syed Ali Shabaz Naqvi; Mehwish Bismillah and Nadia Wajid. (2016). Comparative analysis of biochemical parameters in diabetic and non-diabetic acute myocardial infarction patients, Indian Heart Journal 68 325-331.
-Rakesh Mudaraddi; Shrirang Prahlad Kulkarni and Dhiraj Jayantilal Trivedi, et al. (2015). Association of Serum Electrolytes and Urea Levels with Cardiac Markers in Acute Myocardial Infarction, International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research. 2(4):233-235.
-Zhu Mingdan; Han Yanqi; Zhang Yu; Zhang Shaoqiang; Wei Congcong; Cong Zidong and Du Wuxun. (2018). Metabolomics Study of the Biochemical Changes in the Plasma of Myocardial Infarction Patients, Front. Physiol. 9:1017.
- Morrow David, A.; Cannon Christopher, P and Jesse Robert, L., et al. (2007). National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory Medicine Practice Guidelines: Clinical Characteristics and Utilization of Biochemical Markers in Acute Coronary Syndromes, Clinical Chemistry. 53:4.552–574.
-Motiwala Shweta, R.; Sarma Amy; Januzzi James, L. and O’Donoghue Michelle, L. (2014). Biomarkers in ACS and Heart Failure: Should Men and Women Be Interpreted Differently? Clinical Chemistry. 60:1.35–43.
- Wiviott Stephen, D.; Cannon Christopher, P.; Morrow David, A.; Murphy Sabina, A.; Gibson, C. Michael; McCabe Carolyn, H. et al. (2004). Differential Expression of Cardiac Biomarkers by Gender in Patients with Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction A TACTICS-TIMI 18 (Treat Angina with Aggrastat and determine Cost of Therapy with an Invasive or Conservative Strategy–Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 18) Substudy, Circulation.109:580-586.
- -Navab, M. Berliner, J.A and Watson, A.D. (1996). Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol, 16, 831.
- Thomas, J. Ryan, Jeffrey, L. Anderson, Elliott, M and Antman, et al. (1996). ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction, JACC, 28, 5 1, 1328.
- Pašalic Daria; Ferencak Goran; Grškovic Branka and Stavljenic-Rukavina Ana. (2008). Body mass index in patients with positive or suspected coronary artery disease: a large Croatian cohort, Biochemia Medical. 18(3):321–30.
- World Health Organization. (2002). Quantifying Selected Major Risks to Health. In: The World Health Report 2002 - Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life. Chapter 4: Geneva: World Health Organization: 47-97.
-Moaed E. Al-Gazally; Ali H. Al-Saadi and Asmaa H. Radeef. (2014). Effect of Uric Acid and Lipid Profile on Myocardial Infarction in Iraqi Population, Journal of Natural Sciences Research. 4(22):19-24.
- Lipid testing and statin dosing after acute myocardial infarction. (2018). Wang WT, Hellkamp A, Doll JA, et al. J Am Med Assoc. 25:0. [PMC free article][PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Pérez-López Faustino, R.; Larrad-Mur Luis; Kallen Amanda; Chedraui Peter and Taylor Hugh, S. (2010). Gender Differences in Cardiovascular Disease: Hormonal and Biochemical Influences, Reprod Sci. 17(6): 511–531.
-Magkos Faidon; Wang Xuewen; Mittendorfer and Bettina. (2010). Metabolic actions of insulin in men and women, Nutrition. 26(7-8): 686–693.
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Education for Pure Science- University of Thi-Qar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar.
Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.