Fingerprint Recognition Based on Gabor Features Extraction
AbstractIn this paper, we present a novel algorithm to identify an individual person using fingerprint matching technique. We use fingerprint segmentation and Gabor filter to extract Gabor features from a finger image We use our fingerprint hash and Gabor filter to extract Gabor features from fingerprint image captured by the JPG image format. The proposed algorithm presents 0.9805 % accuracy of fingerprint authentication which is much better than the existing methods of fingerprint matcher and The work was carried out using an HP computer with specifications Core i7, Hard 500 GB and 4 GB RAM. using the language of Matlab 2013
- Wang Yuan1 Yao Lixiu1 Zhou Fuqiang2" A Real Time Fingerprint Recognition System Based On Novel Fingerprint Matching Strategy " 4244-1135-1/07/$25.00 ©2007 IEEE.
- Muhammad Umer Munir and Dr. Muhammad Younas Javed " Fingerprint Matching using Gabor Filters " National Conference on Emerging Technologies 2004.
- Neeraj Bhargava, and Ph.D. Ritu Bhargava “Fingerprint Matching using Ridge-End and Bifurcation Points "International Conference in Recent Trends in Information Technology and Computer Science (ICRTITCS - 2012).
- Doha Hwang, Hojae Lee, Geuntae Bae, Sunghoon Son, Jongseok Kim Samsung Electronics "Fingerprint Template Management for Higher Accuracy in User Authentication "2018.
- Mohammad haghighat, saman zonouz, Mohamed abdel-mottaleb "cloudID: Trustworthy cloud-based and cross-enterprise biometric identification"Elsevier ltd. All rigths reserved.2015.
- Dibyendu Nath Saurav Ray Sumit Kumar Ghosh" Fingerprint Recognition System: Design & Analysis” International Conference on Scientific Paradigm Shift in Information Technology & Management, SPSITM'11, January 2011.
- Chris Solomon, Toby Breckon,"Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing", 1st edition, 2011.
- Kuldeep singh, Rajiv kapoor "Image enhancement via Median-Mean Based Sub-Image-Clipped Histogram Equalization” Accepted 24 April 2014, Available online 11 July 2014.
- Fahmy and M A. Thabet" A Fingerprint Segmentation Technique Based on Morphological Processing" 978-1-4799-4796-6/13/$31.00 © 2013 IEEE.
- Saeed Meshgini, Ali Aghagolzadeh, and Hadi Seyedarabi " Face Recognition Using Gabor Filter Bank, Kernel Principle Component Analysis and Support Vector Machine" International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 5, October 2012.
- Alireza Baratloo1, Mostafa Hosseini2, Ahmed Negida3*, Gehad El Ashal4" Simple Definition and Calculation of Accuracy, Sensitivity and Specificity " Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University, El-Kanayat, El-Sharkia, Zagazig, Egypt, February 2015.
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Education for Pure Science- University of Thi-Qar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar.
Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.