Investigation of the eyes histogenesis development in quail embryos at second term in an incubation period
Keywords:quail embryo, eye development, optic vesicle, incubation
This study is aimed to identify histological construct development in eye for quail embryo. In this
study, we are focused on the tracing appearance of eye from beginning until completion of main
structures of the eye at seventh day of incubation. The results shown that there is no structure appear in
the optic vesicles at (12 hr) incubator. However, the optic vesicles is began to appear and form the optic
cup in the embryo at (24 hr ) incubator . After that appeared in fifth day incubation( lens, retina , optic
nerve and corona). However, the iris is not formed yet at that age. However, it is appeared in embryo age
at seven the days incubation . Whole embryos were separated for ages 12, 24 and 60 hours incubation for
whole mount procedure, while the embryos on the fifth and seventh days were Tissue sectioning was
performed at the eye region
- Abd , A.A. & Almajeed , S.A.A. ( 2010 ) . Anatomical histological study eye of the bird Corncrake
Crex crex . J. Alrafedain Sci. 21(4): 1- 26 .
- Ainsworth , S. J. ; Stanley , R. L. & Evans , J .R. ( 2010 ) Developmental stages of the Japanese quail
. J. Anat. 216: 3–15.
- Abid , S.A. ( 2018 ) . A comparative histological study of the retina in the tow type of Iraq vertebrates.
Int. J. sci. Res.7(1) : 310 – 322 .
- Adams , T. L. ; Haynes , T. ; Wilson , J. M. & Tsonis , K. D. R. (2008 ) The chick as a model for
retina development and regeneration. Animal models in eye research , chapter ( 8 ) : 102 – 114 .
- Barrett , J. E. ; Wells , D. C. ; Paulsen , A.Q. & Conrad , G. W. (2000) . Embryonic quail eye
development in microgravity . J. App. Physiol. 88 : 1614 – 1622 .
- Doh ,S.T. ; Hao ,H. ; Loh , S.C. ; Patel , T. ; Tawil , H.Y. ; Chen , D.K. ; Pashkova , A. ; Shen , A. ;
Wang , H. & Cai , L .(2010) Analysis of retinal cell development in chick embryo
immunohistochemistry and in ovo electroporation techiques. Develo. Boil. 10(8): 233 – 240 .
- Heavner , W. & Pevny , L.(2012) . Eye development and retinogenesis . Cold spring Harb Perspect
Boil. : 1 – 16 .
- Ramteke , J. ; Chade , P. ; Zade , S. & Gabhane , R. (2013) comprehensive study of organogenesis
during embryonic development of Japanese quail Coturnix coturnix japonica . int. J. lif. sci.
(3):193- 197 .
- Smith , T. W. ( 2019 ) . The avian embryo . Mississippi State University, Dept. Agricul., U.S.A. : 1 –
- Stenkamp , D. L. (2015) . Development of the vertebrate eye and retina . prog. Mol. Biol. Transl. Sci.
, 134 : 397 – 414 .
- Suvarna , S. K. ; Layton , C.& Bancroft , J. D. (2019) . Bancroft’s theory and practice of
histological techniques , 9th ed. Elsevier Limited . 573pp.
- Uemonsa , T. ; Sakagami , K. & Yasuda , K. (2002 ) Optic vesicle and its presumptive role in eye
morphogenesis as shown by embryonic transplantation and in Vov explant culturing . develop.
Boil. 248 : 319 – 330 .
- Wilson , S. W. & Houart , C. (2004) . Early steps in the development of the forebrain . Devel. Cell. ,
(2) : 167 – 181 .
- Zareen , N. & Shahid , U. ( 2011 ) . Reproducing windowing technique for naked eye observation of
chick embryo morphogenesis . Ann. Pak. Inst. Med. Sci. 7 (3) : 146 – 149 .
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar.
Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.