Study of The Nonlinear Properties of Methyl Red
AbstractNonlinear refractive index, n2, of methyl red is estimated at the visible (532nm) laser beam via the generation of diffraction ring patterns. As high value as 5x10-7cm2/W for n2 is obtained. Nonsymmetries in the diffraction ring patterns in the y-direction are noticed as a result of convection currents in the vertical direction.
- V.E. Zakharov and V.S. Synakh, the nature of the self-focusing, Sov.Phys. JETP, 41,465-468(1975).
- Y.K. Danileiko, L.M. Degtarev, A.l. Kopa-ov-dienko and T.P. Lebedeva, self-defocusing of convergent beam, sov. phys. JETP, 60, pp.417-422(1984).
- R. Verma and P. Gavg, comparative analysis of self-phase modulation(SPM) and cross-phase modulation(CPM), Int.J. Adv.Res, Comp.Sci.Electron.Eng.1,97-102(2012).
- Q.M.A. Hassan, H.A. Sultan, H. Bakr, I.M. Ali, R.M. Hassan and C.A. Emshary, estimating the nonlinear refractive index of 10W30 using visible 10W30 using low power laser beam, Res.10 ,28-33(2018).
- Q.M.A. Hassan, H. Bakr, H.A. Sultan, R.M. Hassan, and C.A. Emshary, Evolution of far-field diffraction patterns and nonlinear optical properties of SAE70 oil, Int.J.PPI. Nat. Sci.,6, App.181-188(2017).
- H.A. Sultan, Qusay M.A. Hassan, H. Bakr, Ahmed S. Al- sadi, D.H. Hashim, C.A. Emshary, Thermal-induced nonlinearities in rose, linseed and chamomile oils continuous wave visible laser beam, Can.J.Phys.96,157-164(2018).
- J. Del Nero,R.E.de Araujo, A.S.L. Gomez and C.P.de Melo, Theoretical and experimental investigation of the second hyperpolarizabilities of methyl orange. The J.Chem.Phys.122,104506(6pp), (2005).
- Y. Zheng, Q. Ye, C. Wang, J. Wang, Z. Deng, J. Mei, W. Zhou, C. Zhang and J. Tian, Nonlinear optical properties of methyl red under CW irradiation, Opt.Las.Tech.75,132-137(2015).
- M.Fontalvo, A. Garcia, S. Valbuena and F. Racedo, Measurement of nonlinear refractive index of organic materials by z-scan, J.Phys.conf.ser.687,012100(4PP) (2016).
- M.Sheik-Bahae, A.A. Said, T. Wei, D.J. Hagam and E.W. Van stryland, Sensitive measurements of optical nonlinearities using a single beam, IEEE J. Quant.Electron, 26,760-769(1990)
- A. Abu-E-Fadl, G.A. Mohamad, A.B. Abd-El Moiz, and M. Rashad, Optical constants of Z1-xLixo films prepared by chemical bath deposition technique, Phys.B,366,44-54(2005)
- K. Ogusu, Y. Kohtani, and H. Sao, Laser induced diffraction rings from an absorbing solution, Opt.Rev.3,232-234(1996)
- A. Yariv” Quanutum Electronics” 3rd ed., J. Wiley and sons, New York (1989).
- R.S. Elias, Q.M.A. Hassan, H.A. Sultan, A.S. Al-Assadi, B.A. Saeed and C.A. Emshary, Thermal nonlinearities of three curuminoids measured by diffraction ring patterns and z-scan under cw laser illumination, Opt.Las-Tech. 1-07,131-141(2018).
- A.J. Kadhum, N.A. Hussein, Q.M.A. Hassan H.A. Sultan, A.S. Al-Assadi, and C.A. Emshary, Investigating the nonlinear behavior of cobalt(II)phthalocyanine using visible cw laser beam, Optik, 157,540-550(2018).
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Education for Pure Science- University of Thi-Qar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar.
Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Journal of education for Pure Science (Jeds), University of Thi-Qar are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.